All content, including photographs, statistics, and charts, are property of the CIFSS and cannot be rebroadcast, repurposed, reposted or duplicated in any form without the expressed written consent of the CIFSS.
Our Site contains links to other Web sites over which we have no control. The CIFSS is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other Web sites to which you choose to link from this Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other Web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to the information we collect on the Site, and does not apply to information the CIFSS collects in any other fashion.
Types Of Information That May Be Collected
In some areas of the Site, the CIFSS may request that you provide personal information, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number credit card number, social security number, contact information, billing information and any other information from which your identity is discernible (For example, such information may be collected for the purpose completing an order for items in our online store). In other areas, the CIFSS collects or may collect demographic information that is not unique to you such as your ZIP code, age, preferences, gender, interests and favorites. Sometimes we collect or may collect a combination of the two types of information.
The CIFSS may sometimes afford you the opportunity to provide descriptive, cultural, behavioral, preferential and/or life style information about yourself, but it is solely up to you whether you furnish such information. If you do provide such information, you are thereby consenting to the use of that information in accordance with the policies and practices described in this Statement. For example, such information may be used for the purpose of determining your potential interest in receiving e-mail or other communications about particular products or services.
Site Usage Information:
We also may gather information about your use of the Site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is or may be collected by the CIFSS. This information can include without limitation your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses.
When you open e-mails from the Site, we may receive a confirmation noting you opened an e-mail from us, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what e-mails we send you and what e-mails you may be receiving from the CIFSS and our subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what e-mails you have opted to and not to receive.
How Information May Be Collected
You may be asked first to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Site may choose to offer.
Newsletters and Site e-mails:
We may offer free newsletters to share information with you about the Site, about us and our affiliates and subsidiaries, or about our business partners and advertisers and sponsors. You may receive a newsletter either by registering for a particular newsletter or in conjunction with a special feature or membership for which you have registered on the Site. You may cancel your free e-mail subscription by following the instructions provided on the Site or, in some instances, in the designated area of certain newsletters or e-mails.
Contests or Promotions:
Surveys or Voting:
From time-to-time we may request personally identifiable information from you via surveys or voting polls. Participation is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey.
IP Addresses, Click-stream Data, and Web Beacons:
The CIFSS may log IP addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our sponsors. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. Our computers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request Web pages from the Site, our computers log your IP address.
Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Site. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Site, what type of content is most popular, and what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising.
The Site may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited those pages. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information at the CIFSS; they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about our Web site usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
If you order any information from our Site, buy any of our products or subscribe for any of the services offered on our Site, we will ask you to complete an order form that will request certain information from you, including financial information such as a credit card number and expiration date and general contact, billing and shipping information. We will use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested.
How We Use The Information Collected
The information you provide to us may be used to:
- Contact you about the Site;
- Contact you relating to you your membership status;
- Confirm or fulfill an order you have made;
- Monitor or improve the use of the Site;
- Customize the advertising and content you see;
- Monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Site;
- Provide special offers from the CIFSS, respective affiliates, subsidiaries and other third parties;
- Send you promotional material on behalf of our partners;
- Inform you of a prize you have won.
With Whom The Information May Be Shared
We do not disclose to third parties your personal information, combined personal and demographic information or information about your use of the Site, except as set forth in the following subparagraphs.
- Agents: We may disclose such information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include hosting our Web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to you on behalf of other partners. When we do this, we do not give that partner your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, you may opt out in the e-mail or change your preferences.
- Legal Process: We may disclose such information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform with legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of the CIFSS or its affiliated members; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- Business Transfers: We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of the CIFSS, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
- Bankruptcy: In the event the CIFSS becomes the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, the CIFSS or its trustee in bankruptcy may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court.
- Partnerships, Subsidiaries, and Affiliates: The CIFSS may also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the Site with its clients, strategic partners and each of their subsidiaries so that they may understand the kinds of visitors using the Site.
Chat Rooms, Forums, And Message Boards
The Site may make chat rooms, forums and message boards available to its users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. The CIFSS cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas.
Links To Other Web Sites
This Site has implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect. We have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse and alteration.
When you place an order online through the Site, your personally identifiable information, including your credit card information is transferred to computers utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
A Special Note For Parents Concerning Privacy
The Site is a general audience site. We do not currently collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the Site. If in the future, the Site collects personally identifiable information from children, it will do so in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (15 U.S.C. 6501 et seq.).
Updating Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if you no longer desire to access our Site, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us. These corrections will be accomplished by making changes to your profile. Such changes will be made upon receipt of an opt-out message via e-mail.