CIF Southern Section Goals for School Year 2020-21
* Denotes Existing Goals from previous years that continue in 2020-21
* Denotes New Goals for 2020-21
1. Continue to Enhance Communication Between the CIF Southern Section Office, Member Schools and the Executive Committee
- Expand the use of social media in communications with member schools, the public and media outlets.
- Continue to develop enhanced mobile version of the website including links with social media platforms.
- Publish periodic Messages from the Commissioner/Southern Section Updates through CIFSSHome, on section website and all social media platforms.
- Prepare and distribute frequent Executive Committee Updates.
- Utilize CIFSSHome to directly communicate information by email to selected groups.
- Offer opportunities and conduct personal interviews with media members from throughout the various geographic areas of the section.
- Conduct Fall Workshops at various geographic locations/virtually throughout the Southern Section.
- Introduce video tutorials on various subjects utilizing section website and social media platforms.
- Continue official’s recruitment program utilizing section website and social media platforms.
- Launch CIFSS This Week, a weekly livestream program featuring content on the latest news and developments of the CIF Southern Section.
2. Implement Year 9 of CIFSSHome for CIF Southern Section Member Schools
- Activate CIFSSHome for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Along with staff, facilitate numerous training sessions (virtual, when necessary) for member schools.
- Along with staff, provide ongoing training and assistance to member schools on a daily basis.
- Continue to develop and expand features of CIFSSHome.
3. Implement Process for Area Placement of Member Schools
- Work with the Releaguing Committee and CIF Southern Section Office Staff to develop an Area Placement Plan for member schools for the 2022-2026 Releaguing Cycle.
- Revise the membership of the Releaguing Committee.
- Survey member schools regarding Area Placement requests – September, 2020.
- Compile information received from member schools and distribute Area Placement recommendations – November, 2020.
- Coordinate and administer Area Placement appeals process for member schools.
4. Launch New Championship Event
- Inaugural Boys and Girls Lacrosse Championships.
5. Implement New Rules Changes
- Revised 2020-2021 Southern Section Sports Calendars.
- State-Wide Ejection Policy.
- Competitive Equity Playoffs – Football (Utilizing Current Regular Season Results)
- Competitive Equity Playoffs – Swimming/Diving (Individual Sport)
6. Provide Professional Growth Opportunities for Member Schools
- Launch Year 6 of the MVP AD Program. (Suspended, 2020-2021)
- Conduct CIF Southern Section Athletic Administrator Summit. (Suspended, 2020-2021)
7. Financial Matters
- Expand CIF Southern Section investment opportunities under approved CIF Southern Section Investment Policy.
- Along with CIF Sports Properties, increase revenue share in Year 4 of the CIF Marketing Plan.
- Increase online ticketing opportunities for Southern Section member schools and Southern Section events, with an emphasis on touch-free and cash-free protocols.
- Secure partnerships/renewals for broadcast rights agreements.
- Secure partnerships/renewals for ball contracts agreements.
- Develop Request for Proposals for individual sport ball contracts.
8. Examine and Explore Issues Involving Public and Private Schools
- Continue to work with the CIF Southern Section Public/Private Committee on an ongoing basis.
- Continue to work with the Private School Leadership Advisory Committee on an ongoing basis.
- Continue to engage in a constructive dialogue with member schools, both public and private, on public/private issues.
- Serve as a resource for member schools, leagues and areas of the CIF Southern Section by attending league meetings, area meetings and athletic director association meetings, virtually, when necessary.
- Continue to emphasize adherence to current CIF State Constitution and Bylaws and CIF Southern Section Blue Book rules that apply to all schools.
- Implement and evaluate new CIF Bylaw 510 interpretations and recommend modifications, as needed.
- Examine Southern Section Bylaw 510.1 and recommend clarifications/modifications to existing Bylaw, including new Q and A’s.
9. Work Cooperatively with the CIF State Office and the Other 9 Sections
- Generate a sectional identity that provides leadership, along with being cooperative and sensitive to the needs of the CIF and the other sectional organizations.
- Develop strategies that recognize and support the needs of the CIF and the other sections without sacrificing the strengths and interests of the CIF Southern Section.
- Serve as a resource, along with members of the CIF Southern Section Staff, to the CIF State Office in the management and conducting of CIF State Regional and CIF State Championship events.
- Rob Wigod – Event Manager, CIF State Football Championships.
- Rob Wigod – Member, CIF Constitution and Bylaws Editorial Committee.
- Kristine Palle – Member, CIF Constitution and Bylaws Editorial Committee.
- Thom Simmons – Director, CIF Southern Regional Basketball Championships.
10. Expand Relationships with the National Federation of State High School Associations
- Along with staff, serve on various national committees affiliated with the National Federation of State High School Associations.
- Along with Fox Sports, offer increased opportunities for member schools to participate in the NFHS Network Student Broadcast Program.
- Assist the NFHS Network in implementing the Pixellot Free for All Program, which provides two Pixellot cameras for every Southern Section member school, free of charge.
- Rob Wigod – Member, NFHS Network Leadership Circle.
- Kristine Palle – Chair, NFHS Water Polo Rules Committee.
- Thom Simmons – Southern Section Coordinator, NFHS Network