Welcome to the 2012-2013 school year and the 100th Anniversary of the CIF Southern Section! What an exciting time it is for us to celebrate our first century of existence and reflect back on the excellence that this organization has stood for since the day it was founded. We are so proud of what has been achieved by our member schools and the student-athletes, coaches and administrators who have represented the very best in high school education and high school athletics through our first 100 years. In the year ahead, we will do our very best to honor their contributions and remember our past as we look to the future. Here are some of the highlights you can look forward to during our Centennial Celebration this year.
- Our 100th Anniversary logo has been created and is attached to this message in a Jpeg format. Throughout the entire 2012-2013 school year, you have our permission to use this logo as much as you like and we certainly encourage you to do so.
- Each member school will receive a banner commemorating our 100th Anniversary to hang in your gymnasium, or to use anywhere on your campus you choose to display it. Also, a special banner has been made that will be sent to the member schools who were original members of our organization when it was founded in 1913. Your banner will be included in your 2012-13. Fall Packet which will be sent via UPS to your school’s Athletic Director on August 9, 2012.
- We will be naming the 100 Greatest Athletes in the history of the CIF Southern Section. A select committee has been working very hard for several months now to finalize this list and when it is completed you will be amazed at how impressive it is.
- We will be publishing a 100th Anniversary yearbook that will document in words, and in pictures, the incredible story of our organization from the beginning to the present day. Each member school will be receiving a complimentary copy of the yearbook upon completion.
- On April 13, 2013, the culminating event of our Centennial Celebration will take place. It will be held at the AT&T U-Verse Theater in Downtown Los Angeles, where on that night, the 100 Greatest Athletes will be feted, the yearbook will make its debut, there will be a video montage of our history unveiled and some very special guest speakers from our past who will address the crowd. You are cordially invited to attend this fabulous event, which is open to the public and free of charge for
all who join us. Finally, the event will be televised by our partners at Fox Sports West for airing at a later date. More information on this incredible evening will be forthcoming, so stay tuned for more details in the months ahead.
What a truly special year this will be. Along with our staff, I am honored to serve you as we continue to work together in helping educate young people through their high school athletic experience. The great partnership that exists between the CIF Southern Section and our member schools was established by our predecessors and has been in place for 100 years. Let us all resolve to build upon this wonderful legacy in the years ahead.