Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director shall be responsible to support the operations and functions of the State CIF office as assigned by the Executive Director. They shall perform such duties and
responsibilities at a professional level of competence and with due diligence. These duties and functions may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Support the mission statement, goals and objectives of the CIF.
- Act as the State Office liaison and oversight responsibilities for State CIF events and programs as assigned.
- Act as the State Office liaison with United States National Governing Bodies as assigned.
- Oversees NFHS Sanctioning Program and oversees State Wrestling Weight Management Program.
- Conduct statewide Participation Census, tabulate responses, and disseminate accumulated data.
- Manage the CIF digital presence on social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Snap Chat & YouTube.
- Create graphic design elements for CIF; including but not limited to championship logos, website content and promotional materials.
- Produce, direct and edit video content for CIF multimedia projects; including webinars, highlight videos, special-interest stories and promotional materials.
- Assist in the creation/maintenance of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and digital analytics of CIF properties; website, constituent databases and social media platforms.
- Additional duties as assigned to assist the organization in fulfilling its mission statement, goals and objectives.
- Minimum of two (2) years successful experience as an interscholastic athletic administrator or equivalent.
- Demonstrated successful personality and character traits appropriate to educational leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and speak clearly and concisely with a wide variety of individuals including student athletes, coaches, athletic directors and principals.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Snap Chat & YouTube.
- Demonstrated ability to manage clerical tasks such as maintaining files, maintaining databases, word processing and placing orders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of office technology to troubleshoot problems and increase productivity.
- Demonstrated successful ability to work on multiple tasks and under challenging timelines.
- B.A. / B.S.
- Applicants must possess a sense of humor.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Successful experience in school administration.
- Successful experience in teaching and/or coaching.
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- The ability to manage and direct adults.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of the dynamics of the California education environment and high school sports
Salary and Title: Placement on Salary Schedule: Step 1 $65,557 Full Family Medical and Dental Coverage; Vision for employee only PERS Retirement System
The California Interscholastic Federation is the governing body of interscholastic athletics in California. 1,588 high schools are currently members of the State CIF. The State CIF conducts championships in Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Water Polo and Wrestling. Additionally, the State CIF offers and extensive education and training programs to assist member schools, coaches, administrator, students and parents.
Application will be accepted until February 10, 2017.
Applicants should forward a letter of interest, resume and references to:
Jade Chin, Assistant to the Executive Director
4658 Duckhorn Drive Sacramento,
CA 95834 firstname.lastname@example.org